It certainly appears that Chavez is moving away from the United States rapidly and aligning himself with the "Axis of Evil." Cavuto asks, "With this latest development, Chavez is becoming a world threat powered by Venezuela’s vast oil supplies?"
The close link between Chavez and Iran should not come at a surprise. In a La Nueva Cuba news article several months ago Financial Crimes consultant Kenneth Rijock claimed of a possible Hezbollah, North Korea, Iran, and Chavez government connection. Rijock claims that Iran has plans to ship missiles to Chavez in oil tankers so as not to be suspected. Chavez may then transfer the missiles to Cuba.
Privately, Rijock told me that Isla Margarita, a semi desert island just off the coast of Venezuela, is home to Venezuela's Hezbollah contingent, Lebanese - Venezuelans. Rijock believes that when foreign agents enter Isla Margarita, they sometimes take up temporary residence in Cuba. Hezbollah has a significant increase and influence in South America as discussed by Jeffrey Goldberg, reporter-at-large for The New Yorker magazine who wrote did an interesting 2 - part article, "IN THE PARTY OF GOD."
It seems logical to this blogger that Chavez may also be forming an alliance with the Hezbollah operatives in South America. You may want to read about Hezbollah operations in Lebanon, South America, and their aspirations in regards to the United States:
- Part 1 - Are terrorists in Lebanon preparing for a larger war?
- Part 2 - Hezbollah sets up operations in South America and the United States
This blogger will not miss Neal Cavuto's show this evening and listen to Cavuto's discussions about Chavez and the impact of Chavez' aspiring ambitions for his Bolivarian elite socialist party.
Despite recent political tensions with the United States, Venezuela, the world's No. 5 oil exporter, has remained a key supplier of crude to the US market. Most Venezuela-watchers have predicted for the past several months that Chavez was moving his country toward a command economy on the Cuban model. Low and behold last week Chavez and a close Castro ally, promoted moderate Mercosur as an alliance to counter U.S.-backed free-trade deals being promoted by Washington in the region.
It seems like Chavez and his close Marxist ally, Castro are trying to move Mercosur to the left. Venezuela has followed Cuba and is transforming into a radial government before our vary eyes.
Recent article of interest:
- NewsMax - Latest News From Latin America - Gutierrez had been compared to Venezuela’s troubled pro-Castro President Hugo Chavez during his ... being one of the three members of the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement ... Argentina has only recently shown signs of recovery, with industrial ...
- World Press Review - Chavez: Seeking to Integrate Latin America on His Terms - People's Trade Treaty, an alternative to the Free Trade Agreement ... Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is showing signs that he ... nationalization announcement just days after meeting with Chavez and Cuban President Fidel Castro ...
Additional articles appearing in The Bosun Locker in regards to Chavez and his Bolivarian elite socialist party:
- Chavez at it again, cites friendship with Carlos the Jackal - According to Reuters, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez took center stage at OPEC's meeting in Caracas on Thursday and used the gathering to lambaste Washington and tout his extremist socialist views. In a wandering 90 minute speech, Chavez showed ... The Ramirez family is indeed close to Chavez and his Bolivarian elite socialist party. In May 19, 1999 » Show details
- When Weapons Trade Turns Sour - Because of our latest problem with Chavez, regarding his plan to sell his aging fleet of F-16 aircraft to the highest bidder, one has to wonder why Venezuela has them in the first place. According to an article in the China Daily, dated January 11, 2006 » Show details
- Venezuela moving up on the radar screen - Venezuela Weighs Selling U.S. Jets to Iran Caracas, Venezuela (AP) ... , perhaps Iran, in response to a United States announced ban on arms sales to President Hugo Chavez's ... ? General Alberto Muller, a senior adviser to Chavez, told The Associated Press he had recommended » Show details
- Chavez Ortega alliance - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Sunday backed the favorite to win Nicaragua's November ... jackass lefti dictator, Chavez, firmly in place in Venezuela and raising the ante with his trade » Show details
- Chavez is getting more weird - As reported in Newsmax , Hugo Chavez the lefti dictator of Venezuela has threatened to blow up his oil fields if attacked and also is making his poor countrymen paranoid. This loony, Chavez, has been ratcheting up his anti-United States rhetoric. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday again raised the specter of U.S. designs » Show details
- Chavez at it again: Threatens to kick out US... - Hugo Chavez the lefti dictator of Venezuela has threatened to kick out the US ambassador Brownfield ... I'll kick you out of here," Chavez said on his regular Sunday television program. Despite political ... . But Chavez says he wants to wean Venezuela off its economic reliance on the United States. Show details
- Chavez at it again: Possibly - Venezuelan President beats his chest for mullahs of Iran Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, ... indicated that at the opening of a hydroelectric station on the Caroni River, Chavez, publicly asked Europe ... or deny that Chavez said it or that he would back the mullahs......» Show details