What took so long? The federal authorities should have been doing this for a long time.
The nationwide blitz called "Operation Return to Sender," has been conducted by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers nationwide since May 26TH.
Officials are currently targeting child molesters, gang members, violent criminals and others, who have returned to the country after being deported by a judge, the Associated Press reported. The operation has caught more than 140 immigrants with convictions for sexual offenses against children; 367 known gang members, including street soldiers in the deadly Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13; and about 640 people who had already been deported once, immigration officials said. The numbers include more than 720 arrests in California alone.
For addition information on Operation Return to Sender please visit the links below:
- News 8 San Diego: Agency Nabs Illegals Across United States >>>>
- World Net Daily: Operation Return to Sender sends agents across country to target violent criminals>>>>
Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) links:
- Child Exploitation
- Human Trafficking
- Secure Borders (SBI)
- Special Registration & More
- Inside ICE provides all the latest top stories and more from the ICE case files.
- ICE Photos and Imagery: Stanislaus County Gang Enforcement Operation