SEVEN members of a terror cell run by al-Qaeda "general" Dhiren Barot were jailed for a total of 136 years today. Mohammed Naveed Bhatti, Junade Feroze, Zia Ul Haq, Abdul Aziz Jalil, Omar Abdur Rehman, Qaisar Shaffi and Nadeem Tarmohamed were vital to his deadly plans to attack the UK and the US (including the New York Stock Exchange), Woolwich Crown Court was told.
Barot was jailed for life last year for plotting to kill "hundreds if not thousands" of people using explosives-packed limousines and a "dirty" radiation bomb.
Sentencing the men at Woolwich Crown Court, Mr Justice Butterfield said: "Barot was the instigator of this terrorist planning, he was by some considerable distance the principal participant in the conspiracy.
For the complete story please go to this link: Terrorists Caged 136 years in UK
- Osama fiend Barot's jail cut
- Four admit Barot terror plot
- Hamza hooks up with Tube nut
- Bin Laden pal Barot out at 72
- Plotter Barot a 'top terrorist'
- Maniac from the middle classes
- 40 years for Tube bomb plotter
- Terror plots detail revealed
- Brit admits dirty bomb plot